Steve,

I wrote a couple of fairly simple assembler REXX functions a few years
ago to pass stem variables between two separate REXX execs in the same
address space.

They are called STEMPUSH and STEMPULL and can be found in the downloads
section of www.mximvs.com

STEMPUSH puts the rexx variables into a dataspace stack and returns the
caller the STOKEN for the dataspace.

STEMPULL pulls the rexx variables from the dataspace identfied by the
STOKEN - you can keep or delete the dataspace after you pull.

I know that these functions are being used heavily at certain sites with
thousands of varibles being loaded.

Rob Scott
Rocket Software, Inc
275 Grove Street