Some time ago I sent to IBM-Main list a question about migration of old
3480/90 physical cartridges to a VTS subsystem. Someone sends me an e-mail
telling about COPYCAT.

I, now got this product from CA-Brazil and installed it, but some technical
simple doubts arise, so I will need to study and test options to complete
migration with success. Since our project already is delayed too much, I
prefer to ask IBM List if someone can send me a sample of JCL to complete
this task easily.

I want to move all data from physical cartridge (3480/90) to VTS keeping
original retention/expiration date, record length, and internal label and so
on. In VTS a new volume (from VTS scratch pool) will be assigned. Some tapes
are multi file with different retention dates. In other words, just to
change volume serial, all other data will be preserved in new VTS volume.

If I understand correctly, manual tell me to use COPYFILE utility in this
task, right? Any example that reaches our needs?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Carlos Bodra

zSeries System Programmer

São Paulo - SP - Brazil