Mark Zelden wrote:
I haven't collected them in I don't know how long due to the impact
of LSPACE at SMF interval time.   At first I was going to say,
"don't you get a nip message that asks you if you want to continue
and put the reserved volume offline?", but then I realized that
you are talking about after nip.   So didn't you also get some
messages during NIP when it couldn't get to the device?  Or do you
convert SYSVTOC to a global enq?  I assume this was DFDSS and not
FDR since FDR doesn't hold the vtoc for the entire dump (by default).
You could implement the sample exit for DFDSS (ADRUENQ) that does the
same thing (only enq the VTOC at the start of the dump to read it).

SYSVTOC is converted. ADRUENQ is a thought.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc