LISTCAT LEVEL(SYSOPC) -
               VOLUME

            Under z/OS 1.7 this runs fine and has for years with a return
            code of zero from Idcams. Under z/OS 1.8 we get a return code
            of 08 if we use the ALL option then we get a return code of
            zero under z/OS 1.8. We are trying to determine is this a bug
            or new feature?
I thought I had reproduced your problem on my 1.8 system but it turned out that the level I chose had errors in it (datasets in the catalog but not on the volume. When I ran it on a level with no errors it ended with CC=0.

Scan your lisitng for error messages: try   FIND P'IDC###'

If there are no errrors but you are still getting the CC=4, you have a bug; opne a PMR with IBM

--
Bruce Black
Senior Software Developer