You maybe hitting the 2GB max.

On 1/6/07, Crystal Kay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
  I have Infozip working on MVS/TSO. It zips up a 17 cylinder file (85%
compression). But when I double the size of the file, it gives the following
message:

:zip warning: new zip file left as:
zip I/O error: EDC5047I An invalid file name was specified as a function paramet

zip error: Temporary file failure (was replacing the original zip file)

//LIB    EXEC PGM=INFOZIP,REGION=4000K,
//           PARM='-B -v -b TESTMST dd:zipout TESTMST.SMP1MVB'

I had created TESTMST.ZIP as big as the input file to make sure that it
isn't a problem.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Crystal