Look at the input XPL's provided to both exits in the "JES2 Installation Exits" book. (I "combined" the exits as described in the Migration Guide.)

Bob

Peter Briedis wrote:
My site is migrating from z-OS version 1.6 to z-OS version 1.7. Even though I have been a z-OS/MVS System Programmer for a number of years I am rather new to JES2 internals.

I need to add JES2 exit 50 to JES2 exit 20 to make JES2 compatable with z/OS 1.7. How do I convert exit 50 control blocks to work with exit 20? I do not think I can access the same control blocks in exit 50 because it runs in a user address space instead of directly under JES2 as exit 20 does. One example is the JQE. I did not find any documentation showing which control blocks exit 50 has access to. Does anyone know of documentation outlining what is and what is not accessible from this exit and how it can be changed to work with the user address space? I have read the JES2 z/OS 1.7 Exit Migration Guide and several of the Share presentations but these still did not have enough detail to answer my questions. The statements needed to be converted are as follows: CLI JCTMCLAS,C'L' CLC =C'ZEKE',JCTJUSID MVC JCTPNAME+19(1),JCTMCLAS CLC JCTPRTY(2),=C'13' CLI JCTCLASS,C'K' MVC JCTPRTY(2),=C'12' NI JCTJBOPT,255-JCTTHOLD TURN OFF TYPRUN=HOLD NI JCTJBOPT,255-JCTSETUP TURN OFF /*SETUP NI JQEFLAG1,255-JQE1HLD1 TURN OFF HOLD OF JOB
Maybe there are some samples that utilize these fields.  I looked at
www.cbttape.org and there were none there.