From: Mark Zelden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:05 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: JES2 OFFLOAD CART

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:29:40 -0500, Robert Pelletier
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Thanks to you and Lizette and all. Your suggestions worked and saved us
>:)

You're welcome.  Just for the record, I just realized my DEFINE example
below wouldn't work since there is no generic for 3590.  This would
work:

DEF  NVSAM(NAME(SYS1.JES2.OFFLOAD.TAPE) -
        DEVT(3590-1) -
        FSEQN(1)   -
        VOL(123456))

<snip>

>I hope you are just asking if there is
>a way to reload an uncataloged tape.   If so, the answer is no but
>you can easily re-catalog the tape and then issue the appropriate $T
>OFFLOAD commands to use it.
>
>You can use IEFBR14 or IDCAMS DEFINE NONVSAM.
>
>DEF  NVSAM(NAME(SYS1.JES2.OFFLOAD.TAPE) -
>       DEVT(3590) -
>       FSEQN(1)   -
>       VOL(123456))

Mark
--

Mark Zelden
Sr. Software and Systems Architect - z/OS Team Lead Zurich North America

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

Confidentiality Notice

Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be
privileged.  It is intended for the addressee(s) only.   Access to this e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or
copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful.   If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately and delete this message from
your system.