From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom Sipusic
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 10:49 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Dynamically Activate additional CUs on Shark

It seems to me that Hal Merrit's stepwise approach will work. I think it

will, however, require an intermediate IODF, in which the 2 new CUs are
only defined to  the two channels that will be offline when I do the
first activation. (Also the two CUs I want to get rid of will only be
deleted from the two off line channels.)  Then I vary those two channels

online and the other two channels offline and activate the configuration

I really want, the one with the two new CUs that will handle the new
DASD and the two CUs  that have been handling all the old DASD volumes.

and with the two new CUs defined to all four channels. (Gone too will be

the  two CUs  that I am deleting.)
Tom Sipusic

intended exclusively
for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message, together
with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying,
disclosure
or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete all copies.