On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:22:59 -0600, Patrick O'Keefe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>What WQE flags are turned on by setting LOGCMDRESP to "don't log" in
>an MCSOPER invocation.  (I'm assuming that WQE flags are set based on
>MCSOPER parms?  I could be wrong.   Where's that PLM?)
>
>How do flags WQEQFHC (Queue for Hard Copy) and WQENSYL (Do Not Send
>Message to SYSLOG) interact when both are set?
>
>Why is WQEQFHC set on all but the first line of a MLWTO?  Is that
>something weird at our shop?  (It's not set in an SSI.)
>
>If mutilple lines have different WQE flags set, which flag wins?
>In particular, if WQEQFHC is off on the title line but on in all other
>lines, is the message logged or not?

And add another question to the list:
What related process would make commands entered from the same console
not be copied to SYSLOG?

I have these two very different, unintentional behavior on 2 LPARs.
On one LPAR something is setting WQEQFHC in the 2nd-nth lines in the
multiline messages, and WQENSYL is not producing the desired effect -
command responses are being written to SYSLOG.

On the other LPAR nothing setting WQEQFHC, and WQENSYL is having the
desired effect - command responses do not appear in SYSLOG.  But neither
do the command echoes for any additional commands until the console is
freed and reallocated.  Behavior is normal (all commands and responses
are written to SYSLOG) if WQENSYL is not turned on.

This makes absolutely no sense to me.  I suspect I'm still missing a
significant part of the puzzle.

Pat O'Keefe