I wonder if they have three letters in the alphabet.

Tom Moulder

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Jeffrey D. Smith
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:20 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Is anyone still running..........................

As of about 1 year ago, a USA-based check printing company was still
running their production on an Amdahl box with OS/390. My encryption
product had to tolerate 32-bit architecture specifically because of
that prospective customer.

"If it ain't broke, don’t fix it." Their applications were running
satisfactorily, so their management had no motivation to upgrade
to 64-bit architecture.

p.s.: I still order my checks from them.

Jeffrey D. Smith
Principal Product Architect
Farsight Systems Corporation
700 KEN PRATT BLVD. #204-159
LONGMONT, CO 80501-6452
303-774-9381 direct
303-484-6170 FAX
http://www.farsight-systems.com/
comments are invited on my encryption project