Shmuel Metz wrote:
>  Tony Harminc said:
>
> >When we say "ATTN", it can mean either the SNA 3270 ATTN function, or
> >the TSO ATTN function.
>
> No, the 3270 simulator doesn't know from TSO. ATTN could mean ATTN or
> PA1, but if it means PA1 then it will still mean PA1 if you're logged
> on to, e.g., CICS.

Perhaps you read too fast, Shmuel. I didn't suggest that the emulator knows
what application it's talking to. In the context of a TSO session (which is
obviously what we were discussing) on an SNA or TN3270 emulated SNA 3270
device,  the name ATTN refers to two distinct though related things.

Tony H.