> Also, our current limitations notwithstanding, a snippet of a TASID
> Jobname  | Procname   Stepname      CPU Time   Storage
> UTSO001  ... TPROC001 ... EXEC     ...    21:53.34    90.2M
>
> How is it that this user has apparently been able to allocate and use
> 90.2M storage, considering:

I don't know exactly what TASID is telling you or where it gets that
data, but in a completely vanilla system it is pretty easy to see how it
could happen.

Your REGION request was 4M. That means you will get 4M below and given
that you say you don't have any IEFUSI second-guessing the programmer,
you would get the system default region above. IIRC that is 32M, but I
haven't looked in a long while. So you could get at least 36-odd meg
just from user data and application code. That might or might not be
concurrently allocated and it might or might not show up as working set,
depending on how storage-rich your processor is. If you've got memory to
burn, the system isn't going to reclaim any pages unless/until it needs
them.

So where would the "extra" memory come from?

Authorized subpools don't count in the region, so if you're using some
vendor tool like a performance monitor you could easily be using a large
amount of storage above the region limit and if you're fat on storage
that could also show up as working set. You may also have some number of
garden variety dataspaces in use. None of those are controlled (at least
not in your environment given no USI)

So its not hard to believe  90M at all.

CC