Karl Nordstrom wrote:
The HSM users guide said that SMS ACS routines can be used to determine
the
tape library used.  It does not say how to do this.  Do I test for a
different name than the originals?  I have seen references to
HSM.COPY.HMIGTAPE.DATASET in the archives.  What are the names of the
HSM
alternate tape, when the duplex option is used?  Where is the
documented?

The names of our original files are DFHSM.HMIGTAPE.DATASET and
DFHSM.BACKTAPE.DATASET.

Tape name is irrelevant. HSM use non-specific volume request (mount scratch request). HSM inserts additional qualifier in dataset name, "COPY" to distinguish it from original. So it is up to you to direct original to local and copy to remote library. If you're using IBM ATLs then you can use ACS routines for that. Hint: assign different STORAGE CLASS, the rest should be indentical for both copies.

HTH

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland