I didn't say I was afraid to call the help desk.  As a matter of fact, I said,
"It appears most likely to be some sort of problem with our network here.  I
just wanted some confirmation, since I'm waiting on response from CA."  I was
working this problem via email, since I was in and out of the office all day.
(I generally prefer electronic problem resolution means anyway.)  They had
already suggested deleting cookies and a few other things, which hadn't worked.
 I have no problem with CA's help desk; I had already emphasized to them that
this was a non-critical problem and that I thought the culprit was somewhere on
our end.

Jon

<snip>
Why are you afraid to call the helpdesk?  They are there for support, how-to
questions,
recommendations, and of course, defects.
</snip>