<----- snip ----->
> Once you're in gzip you can decompress it on a PC I'm sure.
>
> Oh - you might have to pipe it through iconv to get it into ASCII /
> Unicode before zipping it.

Thanks for the idea. It may be easier than trying to reverse engineer
TRSMAIN. Assuming that I had the talent to do so and it is not forbidden
by IBM.

What about infozip <URL: www.info-zip.org >?

Knowing nothing about RACF IRRADU00 reformatted records, a question:

Is it possible to transfer less data using DFSORT/ICETOOL to extract what
you need or even to found the problematic records (or the number of them)?

Zaromil