------------------------<snip>-------------------------
But I have a winner. One jobname came up with over 25 million RACF records. Likewise a particular day came up with over 25 million RACF records. And it __appears__ that the job, run on that same day, is still on the JES2 SPOOL. Of course, I must verify this futher. But, off hand, I don't yet see exactly what has happened. But the job is a "code and go" in CA-Easytrieve Plus, which I don't really know much about. More analysis needed. But I'll bet that it is multiple OPENs of an input file <>(maybe one per record read?).
I can't speak for your particular situation, but I know from prior experience that "SleazyTrieve" does a LOT of OPEN/CLOSE activity. And the more complex the selections, the more OPENs/CLOSEs it seems to do.