Hello Hal,

My SYSCONS entry from CONSOLxx member

/********************************************************************/
CONSOLE DEVNUM(SYSCONS)                           /* MCONS - HMC    */
        NAME(&SYSNAME.HMC)
        AUTH(MASTER)
        ROUTCODE(ALL)
        MSCOPE(ALL)
        CMDSYS(*)
/*                                                                  */

I have found it impossible to LOGON to a HMC console, but the session can
be auto-logon via USERID=ConsoleName. (LOGON processing is 3270 datastream
only :-( )

Secondly, we use the HMC for all IPLs, with no NIP consoles defined.
But we are parallel SYSPLEX, and it is a very rare occurrence when we have
all sysplex members down.

In that event, and the first system does not IPL we take a SA-Dump, and
read the captured syslog on an active system.

Regards
Bruce Hewson