In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on
01/31/2007
   at 07:45 PM, VĂ­ctor de la Fuente <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I am a newbie on Server Pac, and I read a lot of documentation
>related to Server Pac; I was trying to get a good approach. One of
>the things I read (I think it was on Planning for Installation book)
>was related to catalogs. The recommendation was having one or more
>disks for Target Libraries, one or more for Distribution Libraries,
>one for MCAT and some operational data sets, one for HFS
>Target,...and so on. There was also a recommendation about having a
>UCAT on each of these disks; I mean, one UCAT for Target LIBs, one
>for DLIBs, one for HFS Target,...

Are you sure that you read it right?

>Could you give me some clues to solve this quiz?

My recommendation would be to organize user catalogs functionally, not
based on particular disks. I wouldn't put any operational data sets on
dlib or target volumes, especially not catalogs. I'd use indirect and
extended indirect cataloging for dlib and target data sets. For *FS
data sets I'd use a naming convention that prevented duplicate names.
I'd include volume serial numbers in the DDDEF's.