On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:48:22 -0600, Mark Baron wrote:

>Anyone want to settle an argument.  One colleague insists that we reset the
>clock thus:
>      t clock=hh.mm.ss reset
>
>RESET indicates that the clock will be offset from GMT according to the
>TIMEZONE parameter in CLOCKxx.  He further argues that if we edit the
>CLOCKxx to indicate the new offset for DST, it will re-read CLOCKxx.  I say
>not and since there is no delimiter between the hh.mm.ss subparameter and
>RESET in the T CLOCK command, it will simply use the value specified.
>
>Anyone want to tell me who is correct?

The book says,

   RESET

   Specifies the time zone constant that is used to calculate the
   local date and time is reset to the value that was read in from
   the CLOCKxx member of the logical parmlib during system
   initialization. The local date and time are changed accordingly.
   When you specify RESET, omit DATE and CLOCK.

Of course my vote doesn't count.  The only vote that counts it the
computer's.  Still, the way I read it, it uses the value in CLOCKxx
as of the time of the IPL.  In any case, it seems the syntax is
T RESET

--
Tom Marchant