Dear list,

we have in place the JES2 Exit1 which, other than tailoring the

separator page, adds printer control information (JDE and JDL) to

the raw data being passed to our channel attached XEROX printers.

So far so good.

We are going to remove above printers from JES2 control, both XEROX

will be IP-controlled printers. Once JES2 is excluded from this

process, Exit1 will not be triggered anymore to pass above control

information, and the raw data sent via IP to the printers will be missing
them.

We already asked IBM for a solution and their suggestion was to implement IP
Printway,

coding the Begin dataset exit to pass JDE/JDL to the IP controlled XEROX
printers.

I wonder if anyone already faced and solved this problem using other means, or

someone could point to links/docs or other source of information which could
help

us to find an alternative to the IBM's proposal.

Our shop is running z/OS.e 1.4.

Best regards

Walter Marguccio

z/OS Systems Programmer