-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bruce Hewson
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Omegamon - How to

Hello Steve,

We protect the OMEGAMON commands via the security exit in the Omegamon
Classic products...we use the same exit code for MVS, CICS and DB2.

We call the module KOMRACFX

We heavily modified the sample so that is uses General Resource profiles
in
the existing FACILITY class....due to history the resource name begins
with
CANDLE.

resource name model:

CANDLE.mmm.pp.resource

mmm = B#OMMODE

      MMODE is the mode that the product is running in:
      VTM - Vtam mode
      DED - Dedicated mode
      SPF - ISPF mode
      TSO - TSO mode

pp  = B#DDPRFX

      DDPRFX is set based on the product that is running:
      OM - Omegamon/MVS
      OC - Omegamon/CICS
      O2 - Omegamon/DB2
      OI - Omegamon/IMS

For CICS and DB2 an extra qualifier identifies the target system.

some example entries..

CANDLE.*.*.$PWD
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
CANDLE.*.*.CONS.**
CANDLE.*.*.CONU.**
CANDLE.*.*.INITIAL0.**
CANDLE.*.*.INITIAL1.**
CANDLE.*.*.INITIAL2.**
CANDLE.*.*.INITIAL3.**
CANDLE.*.*.MLST.**
CANDLE.*.*.MSCN.**
CANDLE.*.*.MZAP.**

CANDLE.*.OC.COLL.*
CANDLE.*.OC.CORE.*
CANDLE.*.OC.CRSP.*

CANDLE.*.OM.ALIB
CANDLE.*.OM.APFU
CANDLE.*.OM.CHAP
CANDLE.*.OM.CSAF

CANDLE.*.O2.DCMD.*
CANDLE.*.O2.DCNS.*
CANDLE.*.O2.MCHN.*
CANDLE.*.O2.OJIN.*
CANDLE.*.O2.OJTM.*

Hope this gives you some hints..

<SNIP>

Thanx. Just getting the right manual helped a lot (which another poster
gave the link for) for the person that was actually fixing RACF and the
exit. By COB yesterday, our one test LPAR had the code in place being
tested.

But this is good stuff to keep in the archives for the future.

Regards,
Steve Thompson