From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Support, DUNNIT SYSTEMS LTD.
Sent: 11 February 2007 06:52
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Need advice on implementing SCLM

Time to standardize our change management procedures. We're looking into
SCLM to accomplish this.

Let me describe the application system we wish to migrate to SCLM. This app
system runs on z/OS. It has batch and online source, copybook and load
libraries. The files have the following naming convention:

Batch: appname.version.libraryname

Online: appname.version.IMS.libraryname

We could change the library names if really necessary but we'd really rather
not.

The staff members that develop, modify, test and maintain the app system are
an autonomous group, with everyone potentially taking part in all aspects of
managing the apps in every aspect. So any team member can add, modify or
delete any object in this system. They'll also be responsible for
maintaining SCLM for their app system.

At present, the general procedure implemented when making a change to these
apps is very simplistic:

1. Modify the necessary code.

2. Compile.

3. Test.

4. Approve and move to production.

I've begun reading through the SCLM General Reference manual. Getting some
quickstart help from the experienced would be a great timesaver. At present,
this is just a getting-acquainted test drive for us with SCLM, so if we make
any mistakes or we configure it in a way that doesn't meet our needs, we can
simply wipe the slate clean and start the experiment over again.

TIA.

Jerry