On 2/12/2007 8:58 AM, R.S. wrote:
Jacky Bright wrote:
Hi,

I have 2 TSO Users (ABC and XYZ)

ABC has high level access privileges.

XYZ do not have any such access.

I am trying to submit 1 job from XYZ userid which require access privileges
from ABC.

In case I define XYZ user as surrogate user for ABC then is that going to
work.

what implications it will have at system side ? security issue ?

It depends.
However surrogate means, XYZ can do everything (*) that ABC can.
(*) With exception (AFAIK) to rarely used security labels.

SURROGAT can allow many cases of using security labels, too, I believe. Not all cases, though; thanks for mentioning that case as I hadn't thought about it before.

        Walt Farrell, CISSP
        z/OS Security Design, IBM