-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Shmuel Koller
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:01 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: SLIP on GETMAIN

 We incur a situation of an address space storage ever increasing - yet
its production so it's taken down before an abend.

=20

I will like to SET a SLIP on GETMAIN macro call and upon each such event
trapped - print the load-module name and displacement.

=20

Can anyone share the syntax of such a command - achieving approximately
such a flow of GETMAINs.

=20

Related issue - if code is written with IBM C compiler and Language
Environment - is storage got with underlying GETMAIN macro?
<SNIP>

First the second question - It may be a "GETMAIN" function or it may be
a "STORAGE" function, but it will not be a "macro" as we know it from
ALC.

To your first question: I think you will want a GTF trace. And if this
involves "C" code, I don't know what that trace will look like.

What you want to know is, who asked for it, who freed it, and did the
free function/call only free a portion or all of it. Or, does it ever
get freed.

Trying to debug my own code with a storage creep is pretty bad. Trying
to debug someone else's creep can be brutal.

Regards,
Steve Thompson