On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:09:57 +0100, Barbara Nitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Kees,
>
>as far as I know, you don't.
>
>About two years back we were in a similar situation. We had to get rid of
the second CF in the sandbox sysplex, and I ended up with a sysplex CFRM
coldstart. (Despite IBM saying 'Who cares there are structures in pending
deallocate state').
>The IBM opinion at that time was that there had been a mistake in defining
the CFRM policy and activating it, and unless I could either reproduce the
problem or produce the joblogs/jcl of the run that defined the
administrative policy (which of course was gone as that had been several
months earlier), it would be considered a user error.

>So I guess you either have to reactivate the CF to get rid of the
structure, live with it indefinitely in a pending deallocate state or cold
start CFRM.

This is exactly why we always start with a newly formatted CFRM (and
XCF) couple data set for disaster recovery.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO