Rus wrote on 14/02/2007 10:35:46 PM:

> "zIIP is designed to help free-up general computing capacity and
> lower software costs for select workloads such as business
> intelligence (BI), ERP and CRM on the mainframe. IBM will not impose
> software charges on zIIP capacity1."
>
> Wonder why you believe that "select workloads" should be limited to
> DB2 only applications? If IBM had wanted the zIIP's to only be for
> DB2, they probably would not have allowed the interface to leave IBM.

What makes you think I think that ...   :-)
IBM put particular (marketing) effort into projecting the zIIP as a DB2
benefit. You and I and everybodies dog knew that creating an entity that
could be dispatched on a zIIP just needed a little (non published)
interface info.
Not all the people capable of doing that work for ISVs or are Partnerworld
members.
For a lot of us that info *hasn't* left IBM.

Shane ...