Ed Long wrote:
Thanks to everyone who offered their advice.
A couple of points:
  1: The console is in roll mode; this message is, rightly, considered serious
enough to hang on the console.
2: At least of the replies (I'm in digest mode), I've seen so far, no one has explained why the K e,1,10 doesn't work, but apparently should.

Is the console in roll mode, or roll delete mode? You can tell
by looking at the bottom left of the console. It should say
IEE163I MODE= R for roll or IEE163I MODE= RD for roll delete.
Roll delete will only scroll deleteable messages, and leave
non-deletable messages on the screen. Roll should scroll all
messages. You can also use K S,DEL=W to set wrap mode which
writes to the bottom of the screen and then starts over at the
top rather than scrolling.

--
Richard