Many vendors will negotiate to provide master keys without specification
of a CPUID in the key.  Put your legal and contracts people on it.  They
both may reasonably require that you have appropriate controls on the
keys.  This sort of thing is best raised as a requirement before you
sign a contract.  If you don't ask they cannot say yes.

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

"Think big, act bold, start simple, grow fast..."