Hi,

I'm trying to configure A3270 server which is part of APPC Application
Suite. (Just for selft-learning purpose)

According to the manual (Appc Application Suite Administration:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/F1A1E500/CCONTENTS?DT=20010606010244)

the configure process is not so complicated:

First define a VTAM major node for A3270:

A3270D     APPL APPC=YES,SRBEXIT=NO,DSESLIM=50

A32T01     APPL  AUTH=NVPACE,EAS=1,PARSESS=NO,MODETAB=ISTINCLM,

              SESSLIM=YES

Then code a start procedure and start the server. It seems that the server
is working fine:

+APP1051I A3270 server is ready to accept clients.

Then I start a PCOMM session for APPC3270 over EEDLC to my z/os system. I
can see the message on PCOMM SNA log:

2/22/2007 15:40:27.468 SNA Communications Subsystem NSMFSM.C 1552
PCS4307I An LU 6.2 session has been activated
-  Local LU (Alias) is Z14A.PCOMM1       (PCOMM1  )
-  Partner LU (Alias) is Z14A.A3270D       (A3270D  )
-  Mode name is #INTER
-  Session identifier is e6a7af7931424821
-  Session polarity is 02
-  Session type is 01
-  Link station name is @R000009
-  LFSID is 02000000

But on z/os console there're messages indicating an error:

APP1013E A connection to Z14A.PCOMM1 was closed because A3270
APP1013E could not open a logical terminal for the client.

IST663I INIT OTHER REQUEST FAILED, SENSE=10010008 256

The problem may lie in two sides: network configuration or A3270 server
itself. But I strongly suspect it's related to A3270 server because I didn't
start APPC/MVS!

Actually the manual says to make APPC Application Suite work the
prerequisite is to start APPC/MVS first. However, in the configuation
procedures for A3270 server it doesn't mention anything about APPC/MVS and
that's why I didn't start APPC/MVS.

To configure APPC/MVS, I know I need to define something like LU, TP...etc.
But I don't know how to define them for A3270 server because the manual
didn't say it.

I'm a APPC novice and hope anyone here can give me a help.

Thanks.

Johnny