Is there an IBM APAR number yet?

From: Jim Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: z/OS V1R8 & Thruput Manager (cont)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:51:50 -0600

Would be interested in knowing if anyone has gone all z/OS V1R8 on all
LPARS in a SYSPLEX. Just went to it on Sunday and encountering $BR JES2
abends in the JES2 code which manages the XEQCOUNT timers in the
checkpoint. MVS Solutions believes it is not their problem although they
have no installations who are running their code in an all z/OS V1R8
environment.

Would like to know if anyone has been all z/OS V1R8 and how they have been
running and how long. The issue is now requeued back to IBM for further
review. We dropped back one system in the complex to z/OS V1R7 and things
are now stable. I understand some new functions in JES2 come only when you
are "all" z/OS V1R8.

Jim

Don’t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft® Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0540002499mrt/direct/01/