On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:07:41 -0600, Tom Schmidt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:13:59 -0600, Matthew Stitt wrote:
>
>>As was pointed out by Mark, the LNKLST is accessed through LLA.  VLF only
>>does the memory storage based on LLA requests.
>>
>>So even though you restarted VLF, you must also restart LLA.  This might
>>make your changes available to the system.
>

>I believe that LLA will refuse to restart if the linklist has been tampered
>with (as the original poster indicated he was doing or planning to do).
>LLA had code that checked the extent lists of the active linklist against
>the referenced linklist (via DD statements or LLA input) and would sputter
>and fail the restart if they were different.  (Maybe that code isn't around
>anymore - it has been years since I saw that behavior by LLA, but I would
>bet that it is still the case.)

In the case of renaming "current to old" and "new to current" on the
same volume, I think LLA would restart without complaining.  LLA just
wouldn't be managing the "new" library since the LNKLST still has the
old one. If you have the time and a sandbox... try it.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO