From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Graying MVS Sysprog
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 6:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: help -- ignorant new boss

Yikes.  So, because of a reorg, I have a new boss that knows nothing about
mainframes at all.   Not even Unix.  Just Windoze, as far as I can tell.
I've always had a manager that used to do my job or one very close to it.
Now I have to explain to him all the projects I'm working on, etc.  In other
words, really, it's a job interview.  Am I worth anything to the company?
I'm the only full time sysprog left here.

I know.  I know.  And I'm sorry that, yes, at least I do still have a job
doing what I love.  I know many of us have been retired lately.

Any sage words would be appreciated.  Or job offers.  :)