Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: License keys for ISV products(What alternatives are there?)

-------------------------<snip>-----------------------
I would find it hard to believe that the unnamed vendor with 9-5 support would have strongly objected for a "one of" weekend support.
You'd be amazed at the number of vendors that will NOT provide support outside the 9-5 M-F window. I even had a vendor rep hang up on me in the middle of a call because it was now 5:00 PM where he was. Some of those (unprintables) are unionized and unions havee INCREDIBLE power here. Needless to say, our business relationship with that particular vendor ended the next day. We learned how to manage without his package and saved ourselves a bundle of $$$ besides.