In a recent note, Itschak Mugzach said:

> Date:         Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:52:26 +0200
>
> I would use the IBM way Object code. Object code is 80 bytes in length
> and can be covered with ptf text & letter. BTW, you do not need to

The same is true of ++PROGRAM.

> supply the CICS interface (e.g. cics stub module for cobol) , if your
> customer has CICS to run your product, they should have the interface
> installed.

... using CALLLIBS.  I'm a little uncomfortable with CALLLIBS:

o It diminishes auditability of the final load module products
  which will contain CSECTs of version unknown to the CSI.

o ISTR that it can cause mass relinking in case of an irrelevant
  change to the content of the CALLLIB.

So, I wonder why the CICS stubs must be linked with the load
module rather than invoked with the LINK SVC or LOAD followed
by a sequence of CALLs.  I guess it's not my dog.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL