--
At Lands End, we use system automation to start a dump of the MANx file
whenever one fills.  A dataset is created with the 3rd and 4th qualifiers as
Dyymmdd and Thhmmss using system symbolics.  You have to use a started task to
dump the SMF file, because the symbolics don't work with jobs.  I think that
approach would help your enquing on the GDG base.  The started task then
submits another started task, passing the output dataset name from the first
job to the 2nd started task

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. Systems Programmer
Lands' End