In a recent note, Dave Salt said:

> Date:         Sun, 18 Feb 2007 19:24:44 +0000
>
> In an edit session, enter EDSET on the command line. You'll see a panel with
> various selectable options, including the following:

Thanks.  So, I joyously turned off "Confirm Cancel" (I worked that
way for years with no problem before IBM invented "Confirm".)
Works as expected in Edit and View.  But in SDSF "SJ" while
EDITSET shows "Confirm Cancel" as disabled, SDSF still asks me
to confirm Cancel.

Why is this behavior different?  Don't View and SJ use the same
editor?

Maybe I'll submit a PMR.  But I'd hate to see the resolution be
that EDITSET would support a separate setting for SJ vs. View.

Hmmm.  I notice that changes I make with EDITSET in View appear
when I display EDITSET in SJ but are variously effective (Target
line) or ineffective (Confirm Cancel) in action.  Changes I
make with EDITSET in SJ do not appear when I display EDITSET in
View.

ISPF really needs to get its act together.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL

  • EDITSET (was: SDSF -- Context for [R]FIND?) Paul Gilmartin