On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 17:58:20 -0800, Edward Jaffe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Do you always CLPA? It takes longer. But, isn't always necessary.

Ed,

Apples and oranges.   CLPA is used once a month (or less) during scheduled
outages and the last time I checked CPU utilization on the CPC was
pretty low during NIP.  :-)

OTOH, IEBCOPY gets executed thousands a times a day. Including prime
shift / hours where CPU utilization is at or near 100% across all our
CPCs.

Perhaps a better comparison would be one of Ted's favorite subjects..
CPENABLE.   I don't know anyone that has successfully measured the
difference between (0,0) and (10,30), but yet we all set it to (10,30)
now because that is what IBM recommends as best practice for less
overhead. And that is my only point.. using IEBCOPY COPYMOD for all
executions is not best practice where performance / CPU utilization is
a concern.  The numbers I posted don't lie.

Cheers,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO