From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Doug Fuerst
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 6:24 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: AFP font basic question

B is for bold, I for Italic, T for standard. the number is the points,
and the first character indicates the font type. this is in  the Font
reference guide, I believe. There are also different pel sizes, for
print quality.

Doug

At 06:05 PM 3/9/2007, you wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I have what is probably a basic question regarding AFP fonts.  I have
>dug through the manuals I can find and can't seem to get a good answer
>to this.  In looking at my PSF JCL member for starting a couple virtual

>printers, I see in the PRINTDEV statement, CHARS=(GT18,GT12).  I have
>figured out these are default fonts. In another member, it is referring

>to CHARS=(CB12,CB18).  Can someone tell me what these fonts actually
>are?  I have figured out the G tells me it is a gothic font and the C
>is a Courier.  I assume the 12 and 18 are the point sizes (right?).
>What does the second character mean in the names?
SNIP>>>>>>>>>

Doug Fuerst
Consultant
BK Associates
Brooklyn, NY
(718) 921-2620 (Office)
(718) 921-0952 (Fax)
(917) 572-7364 (Cell)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html