> We recently upgraded from a 9672-R16 to a z9 BC G01 and in the
> process went from having 2 GB storage to having 8 GB.  HSA takes a
> bunch more than it did, but we still have lots of extra storage to
play
> with.
<snip>
> Since we're not paging on those systems, would we get any benefit
> from allocating additional storage to them?  Or would we just be
> spending DASD space (because the backing store for paging would have
> to be bigger to accommodate the additional storage) for no benefit?

If you're not paging with your current workload and system configuration
then adding real storage isn't going to make any difference. However the
point of all of that storage is to enable workload growth. You may
discover that you have latent demand that your big new huffer can
satisfy and in the course of doing that you will probably need more
memory and/or more images. As the old adage goes... "suck it and see".

CC