UCLIN.
REP MOD(CEEPLPKA) UMID(xxxx).  NOTE MOD, NOT LMOD
***************************************
.                              LMOD does not have a UMID sub-entry.
.                              One MOD statement per CSECT zapped by
vendor.
.
ENDUCL.

This will ABSOLUTELY cause a regression message to be produced for any
SMP/E attempt to modify
"MOD".

This will trigger your efforts to:
1) reverse the UCLIN. (UCLIN. DEL MOD(CEEPLPKA) UMID(XXXXXX) ENDUCL.)
2) Install IBM maint as ususal.
3) Copy updated CEEPLPKA to alternate loadlib
4) Re-install UCLIN on smp/e zones.
5) re-apply vendor maint to the copy of CEEPLPKA. (with or without
SMP/E).

I don't think this can be done in "one step" within a single usermod.
Also, using the method abe, only an attempt to replace one of the zapped
CSECTS will trigger the
regression message.

<snip>
Would the regressed-usermod message still pop up if one of the 347 other
modules in lmod CEEPLPKA besides CEEPLPKA itself was hit by maintenance?

Supposedly, an ADD LMOD(CEEPLPKA) UMID(usermod) UCLIN is an option, but
since that field doesn't show up in a list of an LMOD, I wonder if it
really works.

And how do I code the actual usermod to pull in CEEPLPKA, zap it, and
stick it in an application-specific library?  I'm pretty sure SMP/e will
frown upon me trying to use the same name for the mod while sticking it
in a different library (without hurting the production CEEPLPKA).  I was
thinking of setting the usermod element up with a different name and
giving it the alias of CEEPLPKA, but wasn't sure how "aware" SMP/e's
alias processing was in v3.4.
</snip>