It may depend on the version of JSPWiki that you are running.

Step 1.

What are the container roles that have been defined?

Easy way to find out is to http://yourwiki:8080/admin/frameset.jsp and
select "Roles".

Hopefully, you'll see something like...

Role Name   Description

Admin           DATASET/some.madeup.or.real.name/READ
manager     FACILITY/BPX.SERVER/READ
user        DATASET/another.dataset.name/ALTER

Then off to the JSPWiki stuff in web.xml in the directory
../tomcat/webapps/JSPWiki/WEB-INF/web.xml

Find the security constraint section...

<security-constraint>
 <web-resource-collection>
  <web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>
  <url-pattern>/Edit.jsp</url-pattern>
  <url-pattern>/Upload.jsp</url-pattern>
  <url-pattern>/Comment.jsp</url-pattern>
  <url-pattern>/Delete.jsp</url-pattern>
  <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
  <http-method>GET</http-method>
  <http-method>POST</http-method>
  <http-method>HEAD</http-method>
  <http-method>PUT</http-method>
 </web-resource-collection>

 <web-resource-collection>
  <web-resource-name>Read-only Area</web-resource-name>
  <url-pattern>/attach</url-pattern>
  <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
  <http-method>POST</http-method>
  <http-method>PUT</http-method>
 </web-resource-collection>

 <auth-constraint>
  <role-name>admin</role-name>
  <role-name>user</role-name>
 </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

<login-config>
   <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
   <realm-name>JSPWiki Editor</realm-name>
</login-config>

The real important stuff is located in the <auth-constraint> .. the
<role-name> should exist as a "Role" in the Tomcat "Role List".  It is
an exact match which means that "Admin" and "admin" are to completely
different roles... and then have to different SAF dataset checks for
authorization.

-Rob Schramm

p.s. I think you'll find that just having security turned on generates a
lot of tracking.  The need to actually lock some pages and not others
becomes more of a moot point if the user's userid is attached to every
edit that they perform.