On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:54:57 -0500, Patrick O'Keefe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:49:45 -0500, Mark H. Young
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>...                                                ...  It can ONLY
>>be a "zero-sum gain" advantage for employers and their bean counters, and
>>the bottom line CEOs/CFOs/CIOs and the shareholders, no?
>
>Huh?  I was mostly with you until that last sentence.  I think you picked
>the wrong aphorism.  Yes?
>
>Who loses when they hire us?
>Or are you saying they can empoy one of us or one and a half younsters?
>I would like to think that employing those with deep MVS experience helps
>us, the empoyer, and and the younger, less experienced newcomers.
>(Yup. I'm a dreamer.)
>
>Or did I completely miss the point you were trying to make?
>
>Pat O'Keefe

Sorry.  I was at the end of my rant, it was late, and I wanted to sum up.
That phrase was sticking in my mind.  I looked up it's meaning on
wikipedia, etc. and thought it was appropriate?  Maybe not.

What I meant was hiring us "MVS veterans" is a Win-Win situation for the
employer, company, management, their bottom line, AND the younger folks
who work there too.

TTFN,
Mark