At August 23, 2005 13:32, concerning "Re: about HILITE in ISPF
Editor", Robert Bardos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote (to IBM-Main):

> I remember encountering a similar message when trying 'hilite dtl'
> on an HFS HTML file that had records that were longer than 255
> characters. However, as you mention COBOL I doubt that that's the
> reason. [snip]

[I didn't see the original message on the newsgroup but it might be
queued up in the ListServ maintenance.]

Eric:  I expect the editor doesn't recognize the "file type" ie. LLQ
of dsn, as specific to Cobol.  You can *always* tell it which kind of
high-lighting you desire;  even in the wrong file.  Give HILITE COBOL
a try.  (You'll probably have to PROFILE SAVE so the editor will
retain the setting past the current session.)

Note:  It can be helpful to change the high-lighting within a single
session.  For example, you're editing a JCL library that has instream
Cobol or Rexx.  (or both)  HILITE COBOL happily flagged my JCL as if
it were Cobol source but the instream Cobol has the right high-
lighting.  Check out HELP HILITE within the editor for all the
available possibilities.

ps.  I love the 'new' profiles.  It's saved me from lotsa simple JCL
typos ie. the infamous missing comma, because the colour of the line
was wrong.  ('course, it won't tell you *what* is wrong but... ;^)

---------->  signature = 6 lines follows <--------------
Neil Duffee, Joe SysProg, U d'Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
telephone:1 613 562 5800 x4585                 fax:1 613 562 5161
mailto:NDuffee of uOttawa.ca     http:/ /aix1.uottawa.ca/ ~nduffee
"How *do* you plan for something like that?" Guardian Bob, Reboot
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."
"Systems Programming: Guilty, until proven innocent" John Norgauer
2004