John Ticic wrote on 03/21/2007 04:30:44 AM:

> Bob, I took a look at the IPCS manuals to get an update on some of the
new
> features. Good stuff!
>
> I couldn't find any information on the INSTRUCTION data type, but I tried
> it anyway on the pointer panel. Typing INSTRUCTION in the data area field
> results in FLOAT being substituted. Could you point me (no pun intended)
in
> the right direction.

Thanks for pointing that experiment out.  I just repeated it and got the
same result.  I also used the following sequence of subcommands to quickly
confirm that line mode support is intact on V1R8, the release we're running
on our production system:

      eq x iefbr14 module
      list x instruction

That worked, not that both of us didn't already know what it would show.
That tells me that our code that tries to keep the IPCS dialog in full
screen mode when you talk to IPCS via ISPF is the culprit.  I'll get it
fixed in a new release unless you or some other IBM-MAIN subscriber asks
for an APAR.

Bob Wright - MVS Service Aids