From: Chris Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
What is being talked about here is a feature of the *original* 3270 data
stream, namely the creation of a nondisplay field.

In principle, this means that logmodes and related issues are totally irrelevant.

I think you're mistaken. I couldn't get the non-display field to work until I changed my logmode.

It works with some emulators and not others and - I think - when it doesn't
work, it's because the 3270 "order" characters are not being recognised.

I didn't change my emulator; all I changed was my logmode.

Pouring through the 3270 manual mentioned earlier might solve this but
another way - for someone with a working setup and NetView Session Monitor
to hand - using TRACE CPIU of course - could be to check that the start field
sequences used in the usual output from TSO are using the same character
values as the REXX Clist.

FYI: There is REXX, and there is CLIST. But never the twain shall meet.

Dave Salt
SimpList(tm) - The easiest, most powerful way to surf a mainframe!
http://www.mackinney.com/products/SIM/simplist.htm

http://local.live.com/?mkt=en-ca/?v=2&cid=A6D6BDB4586E357F!420