I have a small bit of REXX which finds the running jobs, STC, TSO users, etc
and sorts them nicely. Using BPXBATCH I can then output this to the console
for some other purpose but I would like it to be tidy, it doesn't need to be
but...Anyway the original code looks like this:

output_line = Strip(job_name) Strip(type_of_task)
Say output_line
'BPXBATCH sh logger -d1' output_line

When running in batch (or foreground if you want your session locked up,)
both output statements are the same, i.e.:

+MYUSER: 16779803: PCAUTH System Task
+MYUSER: 16779840: IMS941F1 Batch Job
+MYUSER: 50334273: INIT Initiator
+MYUSER: 83888708: ASCHINT APPC Task
etc. etc. etc.

Now to tidy it up I do:

job_name = Strip(job_name)
job_name = Overlay(job_name,Copies(' ',10))
output_line = Strip(type_of_task)
Say output_line
'BPXBATCH sh logger -d1' output_line

This time the 'say' output is nicely formatted but the BPXBATCH stays as
previously without the formatting. I also tried adding copies of spaces at
the end but still no joy. Any ideas on how to format the text nicely?

Cheers,

Seb.