/snip

> > Do you have the CSF started task running? I am running that on a z890
> > without crypto coprocessors.
> >
> > Paul Gillis
>
> Yes, I do. It starts with the messages:
>
> CSFM101E PKA KEY DATA SET, TSSTV.CSF.PKDS IS NOT INITIALIZED.
> CSFM100E CRYPTOGRAPHIC KEY DATA SET, TSSTV.CSF.CKDS IS NOT INITIALIZED
> .
> CSFM507I CRYPTOGRAPHY - THERE ARE NO CRYPTOGRAPHIC COPROCESSORS
> ONLINE.
> CSFM508I CRYPTOGRAPHY - THERE ARE NO CRYPTOGRAPHIC ACCELERATORS
> ONLINE.
> CSFM001I ICSF INITIALIZATION COMPLETE
> CSFM400I CRYPTOGRAPHY - SERVICES ARE NOW AVAILABLE.
>
> I think that I now need to initialize the PKDS and CKDS, but I cannot
> figure out how. I go into the ICSF menus in ISPF, but almost all of them
> say "OPTION NOT AVAILABLE". Yes, I do have all the RACF work done and I
> think it is correct.
>
> --
> John McKown

Greetings,

FWIW, it appears that the hardware is offline. Without the hardware,
ICSF cannot initialize the data sets, because it needs the master
key authentication pattern that is contained within the crypto secure
boundary. That's as far as my thinking goes on this.

Jeffrey D. Smith
Principal Product Architect
Farsight Systems Corporation
700 KEN PRATT BLVD. #204-159
LONGMONT, CO 80501-6452
303-774-9381 direct
303-484-6170 FAX
http://www.farsight-systems.com/
see my résumé at my website (yes, I am looking for employment)