From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Fletcher, Kevin
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 11:30 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DB2 V7.1 with Z/OS 1.7 cant update

Walter,

We recently went from z/OS 1.6 to 1.8 and DB2 v7.1 ran fine, sorry can
not speak about 1.7. Are you current with you maintenance for DB2? There
may also be some toleration maintenance for 1.7. I bet if you open an
ETR with IBM they can get you in the proper direction, I would probably
start with DB2.

Thanks,

Fletch

<snip>

It is not just CA's products. I have problems in other areas.

If I drop and create a view. I get the following error message on the
drop.

Abend  0c4000 hex occured processing command 'DSN      '

My batch runstats job abended with

DBWMDA DSNUPROC STEP1 - COMPLETION CODE - SYSTEM=0C4 USER=0000
REASON=00000010

I also got the same 0C4 error message in the bind step of the compile.
These seem to be storage exception errors. .

It seems to me that for some reason DB2 can't get a lock on something
thereby blocking updats of any kind.

</snip>

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html