>I can hijack a C initiator to get my work done and to <elided> with the other
>programmers!", shouldn't I, as the system administrator, make sure
that the programmer doesn't get away with it?

We are talking a matter of degree.
If one programmer/user is doing it, fine, remediation includes everything up to
termination.

I was more concerned with the 'everybody is doing it' syndrome.

What are you going to do in that case?

I have rarely seen a circumstance where there is only one person doing it.
Usually, that's not a problem, and it goes unnoticed.

But, when everybody is doing it, the fit really hits the shan!

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!