On 28 Mar 2007 06:21:30 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Shmuel
Metz , Seymour J.) wrote:

>IBM sells lots of things, and I don't see any correlation between
>sales figures and quality. The "everybody else has one" argument is
>not an appropriate criterion for purchase decisions.

Except nowadays, everybody has a Unix server.    While there might not
be a direct correlation between the quality of a particular feature
and sales - the reputation that the mainframe is more reliable than
some other computer company's Unix server is certainly valuable in
terms of sales.